Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Words can't even begin to explain my experience traveling abroad to Haiti with 17 other Purdue students. As I'm back at campus starting the Spring Semester, I'm oftened reminded of the life lessons I learned while in Haiti. I truly enjoyed conversing with the students and children there whose passion and desire to gain a better way of life was very clear. They were an inspiration to want to help and allow others to see how good life really can be. It's amazing how positive their mentality was in comparison to many others around the world. I learned that even when our main sense of speech was taken away, relationships can still be formed based off of other senses showing through stronger. The power of a smile is commonly overlooked by many. Although I learned alot about Haiti's culture and way of life, I was surprised with the amount of information I learned about myself. I truly feel that I grew alot as a person even though it was such a short period of time. I know that improving personal relationships is definitely something we shouldn't take for granted and someday...I hope to go back :)
Boiler UP,
Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment